Built in about 1871 the Oddfellows Hall is now owned
by Perranzabuloe Museum but it has had many uses over the years.
Originally the Tywarnhayle Lodge for members of the Oddfellows Friendly
Society, it has also been used as a dance hall, cinema, concert hall,
labour exchange and sportswear factory.
Not all the activities met with the approval of locals and William Henry Tremewan, a strict Methodist, incensed when it was a dance hall, reportedly wrote on the entrance door to the Hall 'Front Door to Hell'.